Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thrifty Thursday Finds- Pyrex!

I am always looking for fun sets of pyrex when I go thrifting.  I found both of these sets at garage sales so far this summer.

Colonial Blue Pyrex
This set, called Colonial Blue, was two dollars at a church sale.  There was a lady digging through a box that hadn't yet been unpacked at this sale, and she found a whole set of this - marked one dollar.  Lucky!

Butterprint Cinderella Pyrex
This set, called Butterprint, was six dollars at a garage sale down the street.  I love this turquoise/aqua color!  It was so fun to find the whole set in one place.  These are called Cinderella bowls.  They have a pouring spout and a handle.

Whenever I go to Goodwill, Value Village, garage sales, and thrift stores I look for pieces of pyrex.  So far I have had the best luck at garage sales.  Jeni's blog is a wealth of information on pyrex.  She has a guide to common patterns, promotional patterns, guide to solidsnumbering and sizes, and tips for cleaning pyrex.  Another fun blog is Pyrex Love.

I know I have enough collections going on (fabric, beads, fabric) so I am trying to be selective and only pick the pieces that have a pattern or color I love, or a shape I will use.  I am hoping to come across the Friendship bowls at some point.  My sister Elizabeth likes these a lot too.  So maybe we need two.  In nesting sets, please!



2 comments:

Thanks for visiting Dear Spring Green! I welcome your comments, and love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...